Phildar Tendances Knitalong

A knitalong to translate and knit the beautiful sweater #20 from the Automne 05/06 issue of Phildar Tendances (French to English!)

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Presenting my cream Phildar sweater

Hi,

Here are some progress shots of my Phildar:




The back is almost half done. I like how it's looking so far. I used tubular cast on for the 2/2rib. So how are you gals progressing on this sweater?

Edit to add:
Instructions for Tubular Cast On can be found here and for tubular cast off here. You can also find them in Vogue Knitting Reference Book.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:20 PM EST, Blogger Julsey said…

    Nice job so far...what is tubular cast on??? I was looking for a new way for 2x2 ribbing.

    Mine's still in the frog pond...since dec!

     
  • At 3:08 PM EST, Blogger Jade said…

    Hi Julsey,
    Tubular cast on is a method of casting-on especially for rib. It produces a very nice and neat end for rib. There is also a tubular cast off for rib and is much better than the regular cast off cos it's more stretchable.

    Someone on Craftster posted the instructions here. You can also find it in the Vogue Knitting Reference book. You can also find the instruction for tubular cast off here.

     
  • At 8:27 PM EST, Blogger hound said…

    Your sweater is looking so nice and is inspiring me to get back to my pre-holiday knitting. I can ignore it no longer. Also did anyone see that Phildar has an online store with all their magazines and yarns? It looks like it will be cheaper than ordering from Canada (2 magazines cost about $12), but the shipping might get you. I plan on finding out because there are some tasty looking sweaters in the Spring Tendances. First things first though...

     
  • At 5:01 PM EST, Blogger Jade said…

    Thank you bee. Yup, we should all get back to this sweater so that we can all motivate each other with the progress pics. I originally wanted to finish it in time for the company dinner this sat but oh well. ^_^

     
  • At 9:54 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the color of your Phildar Sweater. I wish I had the magazine so I could see what it will look like--guess I'll just have to wait until you finish it. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home