Phildar Tendances Knitalong

A knitalong to translate and knit the beautiful sweater #20 from the Automne 05/06 issue of Phildar Tendances (French to English!)

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Hello!

Hello! I just joined this KAL... I purchased this tendances a couple months ago because I wanted to make this sweater, but I was not able to find the yarn (quietude), and have been looking for substitutes. I am thinking about the following as substitutes:

- Jaeger Extra Fine Merino Aran Weight
- Jaeger Matchmaker Merino Aran Weight
- RYC Cashsoft Aran (Mole)
- maybe Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran?

It's very hard to find the similar color to the original one... I really like the color of the original sweater.

Now, I am wondering if I should order the original yarn from Holland, or I should use some substitute yarns from one of the above. Any suggestions? Thank you!

6 Comments:

  • At 1:41 AM EST, Blogger Julsey said…

    Welcome Wakana! i ordered my quietude on ebay - you never know...But most of us are on hold with this project until after the holidays. Feel free to get a head start on us, though!

     
  • At 12:08 AM EST, Blogger Marji said…

    HI and welcome.
    I think any of those yarns would be a great substitute - you may also check out the Karabella Aurora 8 to find the color you are looking for. see here http://www.onefineyarn.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=AURORA for a full color card on the Karabella - that stuff is incredible yarn.
    If you read down in the previous posts here, some of the folks who bought the Phildar yarn called for aren't overly happy with it. Still, there are two links for websites to order from - including the Breitweib (sp?) one.

     
  • At 10:37 AM EST, Blogger Jade said…

    Hi,
    I agree with marji. You should check out Karabella Aurora 8. I love that yarn. I am very tempted to switch to that yarn even though I already bought yarn for my tendances. =P Knitpixie has a better price at $7.5/skein if you are interested.

     
  • At 10:45 AM EST, Blogger Jade said…

    Oops, I set the knitpixie link wrongly in my comment. Please click this instead.

     
  • At 12:22 AM EST, Blogger wakana said…

    Hello everyone!
    Thank you for your comments--- I agree with everyone! I had a chance to knit aurora 4 before, and it was extremely soft. The only problem is the price --- with overloading holiday shopping, I may have to wait until after christmas...

     
  • At 8:40 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,
    I ordered the Quietude yarn from Knit N Tyme, www.knitntyme.com . They carry most of the Phildar Yarns!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home