Phildar Tendances Knitalong

A knitalong to translate and knit the beautiful sweater #20 from the Automne 05/06 issue of Phildar Tendances (French to English!)

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Swatcheroo...

Here is my swatch with the Quietude...I am a bit short on both stitches and rows with size 4s...Gauge should be 9 repeats (36 st according to the pattern, but 9 repeats are really 38 st) over 20 cm, and 7 repeats (28 rows) over 10 cm. I didn't want to go up to 5's, since they are currently in use on Colchique (2 Phildar patterns at once - hahaha!). So I wet blocked my swatch, and it's getting a bit fuzzy...maybe it's due to to the acrylic content in the Quietude?

This is the basic 4 row pattern repeat for the piece over a multiple of 4+1 st (**if you get to the last repeat and there are less than 4 st left, k all st).

Row 1: knit all stitches

Row 2: k1, *p4, yo* repeat to last st, k1

Row 3: k1, *yo, drop yo from previous row off needle, sl1, k3, psso the 3 knit stitches* repeat to last st, k1**

Row 4: k1, p to last st, k1

Hope that's enough to get started!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:53 PM EST, Blogger Carly said…

    Awesome Julsey!! I'm swatching on size 5's since I don't have 4's and don't want to buy them, but if my swatch doesn't come out I'll probably have to! It probably is the acrylic that's balling, is it going to work to block it out? I'll have to find sometime to finish my swatch and snap a pic. Can't wait to see what everyone does!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home